Sunday, June 28, 2009

God is GOOD! We found our BABIES!

Remember how I told you that we put an add in for $100 at Miracles Waiting in search of possible donor embryos? Just 9 days after posting our add as an embryo recipient couple, we have been MATCHED! I just can't even believe it! This couple told us that we are the ONLY couple that they felt led to and contacted. Without going in to a lot of details, we have been in email correspondence with the donor couple for several days now. I know I have lost sleep and cannot even remotely explain God's goodness and how HIS hands are all over this match!

So, all of our plans have changed drastically! The NEDC plan and having to wait until February is OUT THE WINDOW! I will be flying to California to a clinic there to have the FET on or about August 12th. We picked this date because my hubby is on vacation during this time. We have decided that he will stay home with the kids and I will go alone to LA. I will feel much more relaxed if I know the children are home with daddy and being well taken care of. The donor couple are working with the LA clinic to get their embryos from another state to California in time. Doing all the legal paperwork etc.. needed to get everything ready!

The adoption will be essentially anonymous. The bio father is the DH in this couple and and egg donor was used. There are 6 blasts total. I know this is a very difficult decision for all involved and God has handled it well for all of us. Basically, I don't know anything but their first names and email address so they still want to be in contact and know how they can pray for us as we go through this amazingly beautiful process! Our prayer is that they will one day want to be open with us totally and I know that our God is big and can do anything!

I have already had my phone consult with the Dr. in LA and only have to do one test next week here which is a saline ultrasound just to check for polyps in the uterus-standard procedure. If I did have polyps, it would decrease the pregnancy chances by 1/2. The Drs success rate for FET is 73%.

I am also starting acupuncture on Monday. There is TONS of research proving that those who have acupuncture have a much higher pregnancy rate than those who do not. I will also be getting acupuncture in the clinic in LA right before and right after the transfer.

We are just thrilled beyond words at God's goodness and mercy on us! I have had a hard time sleeping due to excitement and nerves! We are more thrilled that our babies will be coming from a family who also loves the Lord and live their lives to please HIM!

My biggest hurdle here is having to QUIT my ONLY addiction...COFFEE! How will I survive without it? I know I will! What no more TIRAMISU Creamer? WAH!!!!

It's so hard to believe that just a few months ago, we had no idea embryo adoption even really existed and now God is leading our 2 families down this wonderful road! We thank Him tonight for our wonderful donor angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment