Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick and DEVASTATED....

We signed the legal paperwork and our 3 embies became our friends embies on the 21st.

This morning came a HUGE BLOW...In  my email inbox, the original donor couple who signed all rights over to my DH & I sent an email saying they really wanted their 3 embies back. SAY WHAT??? After falling in love with their sweet 2 month old daughter (sibling to my daughter) they re evaluated wanting to have another baby.

They are not legally ours any more. These embryos have no legal connection to us any more. After explaining this to them, they asked that I be a go-between to them and the other couple to get their embies back. TOO STRESSFUL FOR PREGNANT MAMA!

And guess what?  My friend & her husband ARE GIVING THEM BACK.  WHY you ask, because it is the right thing to do. Because they could not live with theirselves knowing that they kept these embies from their biological father (egg donor was used). GIVING BACK THE BABIES THAT ARE LEGALLY THEIRS. Because that's what Jesus would want them to do.

I am devastated on many levels. I am sore & sick to my stomach over it.  I am devastated that my child will not grow up with my friends child. I am devastated for my friend. I am devastated because I am a pregnant emotional WRECK! I've bawled all day.

I told the donor couple that in my condition I cannot be the go between & that they will have to contact my attorney who is also my friends attorney.  Lord help us.

AND THIS is some of the heartache that goes along with embryo adoption.....Rough day...

I am just venting here. this is my blog to vent on. I don't want any negativity please....

15 comments:

  1. Aw, mama. I would be upset for her too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen. I wish I could give you a real hug! Wow. I don't even know what to say~ You made the right choice in letting the attorney handle everything. That's just one of those things that I've never even thought about happening. Feel free to vent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Wow! I'm praying for you, your friends, and the donor family! I'm speechless! I'll just pray! Call me if you can. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for the drama you have to go through right now.I am hoping that everything will work for the best.I really give your friend credit for doing the right thing even though it must have broke her heart.Please give her a huge hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{Jen}}} What a sad situation all around. What an amazing friend you have. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for her and her dh to give them back. I am praying that they are blessed in a very special way. And praying for you as you process all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh no... my thoughts are with you and all of the other families involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot to deal with! I would be sad too and mad and all of those other things. I understand both sides, but what a tough situation. You take care of you and the wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs, friend!!! Sending prayers ans warm wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Jen, I'm so sorry. Praying for your friend tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello embieadoptmom, good luch w/your pregnancy and sorry to hear about the other embryos. You commented on the AFA website about my blog entry there about embryo adoption. Wanted you to know we had a biochemical pregancy in sept, a cancelled cycled the next month becuase my body wasn't cooperating, a month off, and did a cycle recently -- am am quietly almost 6 weeks pregnant. I started a new blog -- www.lifeinthewaitingwomb.blogspot.com if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow. Sweetie, that's horrible. I can't even imagine. I give your friend and husband sooooo much credit. What a special couple.

    I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a terrible situation! Sorry you're having to deal with that. Praying for a special blessing for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch. What a terrible and awkward position for them to put you in. Especially when you are pregnant. I guess I can see both sides of the issue, but I just wish they would have thought it through long before now. So sorry you have to bear this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sad and painful news to hear. I am at a loss for words... it's as if the embryos aren't regarded as lives, but rather things and it makes me sick to my stomach. Jenn I am so sorry... so sorry for this news. I am wishing you grace and peace

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so, so sorry. That is a really horrible thing to have to go through. You are right in letting the attorney handle it, you don't need the extra stress of being the go-between.

    I'll be praying that the pre-e stays away!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete